Brand Infringement Services
Total cost of cybercrime in some countries such as the UK cost £27bn a year. The majority (£21bn) is committed against businesses, which face high levels of intellectual property theft and industrial espionage*.
Phishing, cybersquatting and brand hijacking are just some of the online brand infringement activities that businesses across the globe are subjected to on a daily basis, resulting in damaged brand reputations and IP, disgruntled customers and significant revenue loss.
The types of online infringement that NetNames scans for include:
- Brand hijacking
- Phishing attacks
- Logo abuse (or any content or images related to your brand)
- Domain monetization
- False claims of affiliation to your brand
NetNames assists global organizations protect their online reputations through:
- Alerting organizations of potential brand infringements in domain name registrations
- Monitoring for brand abuse in website page content, meta tags and hidden website code
- Identifying the unapproved use and modified versions of a company’s logos and images online
- Preventing phishing attacks from growing into large campaigns
- Detecting websites falsely claiming to be sponsored by an organization, affiliated to it, or acting as an authorized agent
- Stopping typosquatters using your name in their domains
- Takedown action on infringing websites, auction listings and B2B sites
- Statistics on the amount, type and seriousness of different types of infringement activity
This is a free snapshot audit of where your brand is being infringed online.
The report is offered by NetNames at no cost for qualifying brands.
*Source: UK Cabinet Office - The Cost of Cyber Crime Report, NetNames Brand Protection Intelligence Unit