When you join the NetNames Platinum Service, the first thing we do together is undertake a thorough review of your domain portfolio. The review includes:
An audit of your current domain names and processes:
- We look at who is responsible for each domain name – is it the Marketing department, the Legal department or the IT/Technical department?
- We assess whether there is a consistent approach to registrations across your organization
We will also carry out a GAP analysis of your domain portfolio, which consider the following:
- Are your company and brand names registered in all applicable gTLDs?
- Is your company name registered in all relevant ccTLDs for the geographies in which you are active?
- Are brand names represented and protected in all operating regions?
- What is the risk posed by typosquatting through hyphenated versions of key domain names, abbreviations used for your company and brand names, as well as common misspellings?
- Are relevant domain names registered in the regions important to the business objectives for the future?
- What is the availability of domain names related to future products or marketing promotions in specific regions?
Using the results of the analysis, your account manager works with you to create a strategy with first, second and third level priorities to ensure that your domain portfolio reflects your evolving business needs and online brand presence.