Social Media Monitoring
Manage the social media space and protect your reputation online
NetNames use their technology platforms, expert analysts and extensive knowledge of our business to ﬂag infringements and counterfeits and assist in getting them removed.
Twitter has accumulated more than 500 million registered users since its launch in 2006
The number of ‘fake’ Twitter users now extends beyond 20 million
China has more Twitter users than any other country: 35.5million
Facebook and Youtube both have more than 1 billion users each
Pinterest has attracted 70 million users since it was launched in March 2010 – a leap up from 47 million users just 1 year ago.
NetNames Social Media Monitoring (SMM) provides a comprehensive dual purpose monitoring of the social media space on the internet. Social media platforms offer a voice to brands, counterfeiters, disgruntled ex-employees and unauthorized third parties alike. Effective monitoring for and enforcement of unauthorized use of your trademarks is an essential part of any brand protection or social media engagement policy.
- Unauthorized pages: employees or third parties will incorporate your trademarks into their social media content, resulting in traffic diversion, brand dilution and trademark infringement.
- Counterfeit and digital piracy: social media networks are used to distribute links to counterfeit products on marketplace and independent sites and to content facilitating digital piracy.
- Fake social media channels: copycat / look-a-like social media pages can use your company name and logo to steal personal information from unsuspecting consumers and lend greater credibility to fraudulent activity.
- Reputation management: social media profiles and content are used to raise awareness of protest or boycott activity and can provide an immediate and extensive outlet for negative sentiment.
NetNames Social Media Monitoring Service
|Protect and promote established brands online:||by understanding which individuals and communities are talking about your brand .|
|Reduce the risk of reputational damage, counterfeit, piracy and fraud:||on social sites by identifying and enforcing against unauthorized content.|
|Protect companies from brand infringements and false claims of affiliation:||by working with social media platforms to take down any unauthorized content.|
|Protect against loss of revenue:||by proactively monitoring counterfeit and ‘copycat’ profiles.|
|Allow brand owners to identify and engage with:||individuals posting content containing negative sentiment or known issues.|
|Monitor and measures:||Accurately monitor and measure the outcome of marketing and social media campaigns.|
As the market leader in end-to-end brand protection services, NetNames offers:
- Highly pertinent, near real-time alerts of any social media activity and infringements.
- Daily summaries and quarterly trend reports that identify any sources of online infringements and their location, so that the sentiment and potential reach of any threats can be analysed and evaluated.
- Customized services driven by expert analysts to ensure focus on solving your key issues.
- Strong relationships with social media sites to ensure rapid enforcement and 90%+ compliance rates.
- In-house multi-lingual analysts, including a dedicated Chinese team, to ensure global enforcement of brand protection policies.