NetNames will be presenting at the Copyright & Technology conference in London on Thursday 17 October 2013.
David Price, Head of NetNames Analysis will be speaking on the issue of Cyberlockers and Large Scale Piracy at 16:45 pm – Technology track.
The discussion will focus on:
- the methods that can be taken to limit infringement via cyberlockers,
- the liability of site owners, and
- the tendency of some cyberlockers to rebrand themselves as ‘cloud storage’ providers in an attempt to avoid unwanted attention.
NetNames also recently issued a major report named Sizing the Piracy Universe which demonstrated that direct download cyberlockers remain a major area of concern for content owners despite the impact on the ecosystem of the law enforcement operation against MegaUpload in January 2012.
NetNames provides a range of brand protection services to rights holders and content owners concerned about digital piracy and counterfeit goods, from infringement notification and takedown to large-scale landscape reports to monitoring of infringingmobile apps across the major app stores.
- More about the Copyright & Technology Conference event here.
- More about the NetNames Anti-Piracy Services here.