NetNames is open to receive orders for the Sunrise phase of the new IDN from the United Arab Emirates. The recently launched IDN, .EMARAT allows Arabic characters to be used in the domain.
The Sunrise phase runs until 15 December 2010 and will give the following priorities will be given to applications:
1. Trademarks registered in the Arabic script by a UAE (United Arab Emirates) Government Entity;
2. Trademarks registered in the Arabic script in the UAE;
3. Trademarks registered in the Arabic script in other jurisdictions;
4. Trademarks registered in other scripts in the UAE;
5. Trademarks registered in other scripts in other member states of the League of Arab States.
6. Trademarks registered in other scripts from any other country
If there is more than one equivalent application for the same domain name, the applicants will be invited to bid trough an auction. NetNames is also open now for Landrush queuing orders. If you are interested in registering a .EMARAT domain please contact your local NetNames office.